ADVANCED MS. EXCEL FOR GOVERNMENT INSTITUTIONS
TRAINING ON ADVANCED MS EXCEL FOR GOVERNMENT INSTITUTIONS FROM 18TH TO 22nd SEPTEMBER 2023 AT THE BANK OF TANZANIA SUB-HEAD OFFICE ZANZIBAR
The Bank of Tanzania Act, 2006, and the Banking and Financial Institutions Act, 2006 mandate the Bank of Tanzania (BOT) to license, regulate and supervise banks and financial institutions in Tanzania. As a regulator, BOT is mandated with the responsibility of ensuring a stable, sound, and safe banking sector and financial system at large. In discharging this responsibility, it is the interest of BOT to ensure that, the staff of banks and financial institutions acquire the skills necessary for preparing and presenting financial information.
As part of supporting financial institutions in preparing and presenting financial information, the Bank has organized Advanced Microsoft Excel course This stage will extend participants’ knowledge of Excel beyond the Intermediate Microsoft Excel training and provide skills to produce more effective and productive workbooks
This course introduces Participants to the advanced features of the software application, in addition to the usual features such as creating and editing charts; modifying chart options; working with multiple worksheets and workbooks and use financial and logical functions. Participants will learn how to sort and manage data in lists; filter and query data; lookup and database functions, and PivotTables. In-class exercises will involve the use of data tables and scenarios to make projections about data and use Goal Seek and Solver to analyze data. Participants will also learn how to audit worksheets, protect worksheets and workbooks, create and use macros, and import and export information and documents.
B. OBJECTIVE OF THE COURSE
The objective of the course is to provide experienced users with proficient skills in excel major strands formulas, list management and charts, as well as providing tips to assist on data analysis efficiency.
C. COURSE CONTENTS
- Introduction to Power Query – Learn how to use Microsoft Excel’s newest and most exciting tool to import and transform frequently changing data from external sources.
- Data tools – Learn the tools that excel provides to help clean your data including automatically splitting into columns, intelligence-based automatic pattern filling and data validation.
- Data Analysis with PivotTables – Deepen your knowledge of PivotTables by learning different ways you can summarize and present the PivotTable data.
- Logical Functions – a revision of the if and functions.
- Text functions – a revision on Proper, Upper, Lower, Contact, Concatenate, Left, Right, Mid. Learn about Len, Find, Search, Replace, Substitute.
- Formula Auditing – Learn how to investigate why your functions and formulas are displaying errors.
- Nested Functions – A powerful technique involving using functions within other functions.
- Conditional Formatting – Learn how to make specific data stand out using a variety of color formatting, data bars and icons.
- Goal Seek & Scenarios – Learn how Excel can help you handle what-if situations to display the possible data you need.
- Forecast Sheet – Apply Excel’s powerful forecast functionality to statistically predict future data.
- New advanced formula – Apply the use of Array formula and recently introduced advanced formula
D. TARGET GROUP
The course targets staff from financial institutions, whose field of work requires the involvement of extensive and detailed use of the more complex MS Excel skills and functions. Participants must demonstrate competence with all topics in the Basic and Intermediate stage topics.
E. SCHEDULED DATES AND DURATION
One (1) week: From 18th to 22nd September 2023. First Day Registration starts at 08.30 AM.
F. SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
This is a hands-on training whereby each participant is required to bring his/her own laptop installed with Microsoft Office 365 Application. The Bank of Tanzania will provide network connectivity.
G. COURSE FACILITATOR
The Bank of Tanzania Academy in collaboration with Microsoft Excel experts will facilitate this course.
Bank of Tanzania Sub-Head Office Zanzibar
The fee for each participant is TZS 1.0 million covering tuition, course materials, lunch, and mid-session refreshments. Participants will be responsible for their travel costs and upkeep. Please make the payment of your fees using the following channel:
Bank Transfer through TISS Transferee Bank: Bank of Tanzania
Account Number: 9944713006
Account Name: Course Fees
SWIFT CODE: TANZTZTXXXX
J. MODE OF APPLICATION
Send a letter, e-mail, or make a phone call to the Academy through any of the mentioned contacts below. The course will accommodate twenty-five (25) participants and the first come first served principle will apply. Applications should reach us at least two (2) working days before commencement of the course.
All applications should be addressed to:
Bank of Tanzania Academy,
P.O. Box 131, Capri-Point,
+255 (0) 28 2 500 982/709/983 +255 (0) 28 2 500 984